The HealthData.gov API is used to provide software developers programmatic access to the contents of our data catalog. The API can be used to find recently added datasets, to search the catalog, to download the contents of the catalog for analysis, or to build a new data catalog tool.
The following API are currently enabled for HealthData.gov:
- data.json: https://www.healthdata.gov/data.json
- group_list: https://www.healthdata.gov/api/3/action/group_list
- revision_list: https://www.healthdata.gov/api/3/action/revision_list
- site_read: https://www.healthdata.gov/api/3/action/site_read
- package_show: https://www.healthdata.gov/api/3/action/package_show?id=id
- resource_show: https://www.healthdata.gov/api/3/action/resource_show?id=id
- group_package_show: https://www.healthdata.gov/api/3/action/group_package_show?id=id
- package_revision_list: https://www.healthdata.gov/api/3/action/package_revision_list
The new HealthData.gov site is built on DKAN. Documentation for DKAN's API can be found here.
The base URL for the HealthData.gov API is http://www.healthdata.gov/api.